My mission is to empower business owners to achieve exceptional performance in their businesses and their lives.
One primary way I accomplish this is to re-educate and re-focus business owners to lead more and work less. If they can understand this concept, they will be able to enjoy greater freedom, financial success, and happiness.
In short, I’m trying to get owners and entrepreneurs to think and act strategically and effectively.
Too many owners are gifted technicians but not very effective as strategic leaders. They are really good at doing the work of the business, but not very experienced in leading the business. If you are not leading in your business, who is? If you are not being strategic, who is? If you are not proactive, who is? If you’re not thinking and planning for the future, who is?
How do you know if you’re a strategic business leader?
To find out if you are you a strategic business owner, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I see the big picture and have a long-term view?
- Do I think more like a CEO? Or do I think like an employee?
- Do I create an annual business growth plan?
- Is my leadership purposeful, proactive, and planning-based?
- Do I constantly think about the direction and objectives of the business?
- Do I focus on the entire business and not just the technical work of my business?
- Have I created plans, procedures and policies to help operate my company?
- Have I developed and documented all our key business processes?
- Do I utilize the leverage of marketing to grow my business?
- Do I spend more time on important matters rather than trivial/urgent matters?
- Have I created a systems-dependent business instead of an owner-dependent business?
- Do I conduct one-on-one monthly coaching sessions with my managers and/or key employees?
- Do I avoid getting buried in the day-to-day details and headaches of the business?
- Have I shaped my business more by design than by default?
If you answered “no” to most of these questions, you are operating as a tactical, reactive business owner. You could benefit greatly from becoming a strategic business leader.
A strategic business leader gets the highest and best return possible for his/her time, money and effort. He/she focuses on working smarter, not harder. I can help you work less and make more. Contact your Houston Business Coach today!